I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me.
Philippians 4:13

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Bee Tea Towels





Hello Again from The French Hen's Nest,

  During the holidays, I visited my family in New Bern, North Carolina, which is on the east coast.  It was wonderful to spend time with my Mom and sisters.  However, there was one sister missing, Linda, the other French Hen.  She couldn't make it, because she had the flu.  So I decided to visit her on my way back to Virginia.

  Linda had purchased the necessary products to copy and print graphics.  She had also  purchased flour sack towels.  We talked about it, and decided that she would tell me what to do to create the graphic tea towels.   Of course we had already copied graphics from the Graphics Fairy, thank you so much.  My favorite is of the bee, and I also like the crown, as you can see below.  This process was so easy, and we were thrilled with the towels.
What a great way to spend New Year's Eve!



 











Paired with my Spode plates

Love the black and white




   Like I said, this project was easy and took very little time.  The materials you will need are:  tea towels (ours were flour sack from Wal Mart, 4 for $5.00), iron on transfer paper (we used Jolee's, 10 sheets for $10 with a 50% off coupon-$5 ☺) , a hot iron, and just a little patience.  I have been wanting to make these for a while, and  I just love my towels.   Thanks Sis.   Hope you give this a try, what a lovely gift they would make.


Till Nest Time,

Jeannie
We're Partying with

Home Wednesdays @ Rose Chintz Cottage
Primp Your Stuff Wednesday @ {Primp}
Wow Us Wednesday @ Savvy Southern Style
What's It Wednesday @ Ivy and Elephants
Under $100 Linky Party @ Beyond The Picket Fence
Time Travel Thursday @ @ Brambleberry Cottage
Tutorials Tips and Tidbits @ Stone Gable
Think Tank Thursday @ Joyful Homemaking
Cowgirl Up Tuesdays@ Cedar Hill Ranch
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday @ Coastal Charm
Made in a Day @ Made In A Day
Show Me What You Got Tuesdays @ Our Delightful Home
Show Me What Ya Got @ Not Just A Housewife
Creatively Tuesday @ The Rustic Pig
Open House Party @No Minimasist Here
Think Tank Thursday @ Joyful Homemaking
Time Travel Thursday @ @ Brambleberry Cottage
Tutorials Tips and Tidbits @ Stone Gable
Under $100 Linky Party @ Beyond The Picket Fence
Feathered Nest Friday @ French Country Cottage
Frugal Friday @ The Shabby Nest
Home Sweet Home @ The Charm of Home
Inspiration Friday @ At The Pickett Fence
Shabbilicious Friday @ Shabby Art Boutique
Show and Tell Friday @ Romantic Home
Simple and Sweet Fridays @ Rooted in Thyme
Vintage Inspiration Friday @ Common Ground
Find A Friend Friday @ Sew Many Ways

Rooted In Thyme

Ivy and ElephantsPlease join me on Wednesdays for my new HOME Party
{Primp}Beyond The Picket FenceOur Delightful HomeMade in a DayTheRusticPigRooted In Thymevif187PhotobucketFrench Country CottageThe Shabby Nest


Pin It!

37 comments:

  1. Great craft project, I love the plates!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sylvia. it was a fun project. I use to have a bedroom decorated in black and white, and of course had my plates on the wall. Now they are packed away, but it was nice to see them again for a while.
      Have a great day, and thanks for stopping by.
      Jeannie

      Delete
  2. Good Evening Jeannie, What a lovely idea. I love the graphics you used on your tea towels. I am sorry to hear Linda is unwell, I hope she gets well soon. Take care, Best Wishes Daphne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good Morning Daphne, So happy you like the graphics, I just love the bee, and thank you, Linda is doing much better now. No fun feeling bad during the holidays. Hope that you enjoyed the holidays. Take care,
      Jeannie

      Delete
  3. These are just gorgeous! I especially like the crown, tres elegant! I 'll have to give it a try. Get well, Linda.
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Patti, Thank you so much, they turned out better than I had hoped. I love the crown as well, it's so easy. Linda is much better now, thank you.
      Jeannie

      Delete
  4. Hi Jeannie & Linda! I love your towels they turned out great. I restored a dining set and transferred the same image to burlap for the chair seats. I used the Citrasolv method. Have you tried that? Hugs, Peggy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Peggy, Thank you so much, we were really pleased. I bet the chairs were lovely, did you post it? I'll check it out. The transfer method is the only one we've used. Thank you for stopping by.
      Jeannie

      Delete
  5. They turned out so cute and you used two of my favorite graphics! What a fun thing to do with your family. -K

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good Morning Karen, Thank you so much for your kind comment. It was a fun and very easy project. You are right the kids would love doing this. Have a great day.
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  7. You had a great time with your family, although one sister was missing. I'm missing my daughter who was visiting for a week and now she's goner back home. Children would love to do this prtoject. Thank you for sharing. Thank you for your lovely visit and of course, you're always invited to my tables!
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Fabby, yes, I had a fabulous time with my family, love to visit them at Christmas. I hope you had fun with your daughter. Like you, I'm retired, and have wonderful grandchildren that keep me realy busy. I couldn't find a way to join you or I would. We would love for you to join us at The French Hen's Nest.
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the towels and your plates! It's amazing all the things one can do nowadays with transfer paper and a pretty graphic! Thanks for sharing. They really are adorable!

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  10. What would we do without the Graphic Fairy?
    I get so many ideas from her. Love your
    tea towels.. did you know you can use
    parchment paper to do the same thing.. except
    how did you get your photos larger than the
    standard 8by11?
    Great job.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Sandy, Thank you so much for visiting us. And yes, you have to love the Graphics Fairy. I'll have to read up on the parchment paper process. The one we used you just print it out and iron it on. So easy. We used 8 x 11 paper, just sized the graphic to fit it. Thanks again.
      Jeannie

      Delete
  11. I love how your towels turned out! So pretty, I have to make some...if I can only find the right towels.
    Saw you sharing at StoneGable: Tutorial Tips and Tidbits.
    Debbie :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debbie,
      Thank you so much. If you like the white towels we used, they are from walmart, flour sack towels. You could always tea wash them if you don't like the white.
      Think I'll stop by the Dewdrop Gardens, and see what you are up to.
      Jeannie

      Delete
  12. How cute! Imagine the possibilities! Crafting and DIY is at a whole new level from when I first starting doing it many moons ago.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Maureen, I know what you mean. I don't like to spend too much time on projects, so this one was perfect for me. Thank you for stoping by.
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Could not resist stopping by from Coastal Charm when I saw the bees! My, how lovely! I will definitely be giving this a try. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  15. They turned out really well! Just lovely :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, they were better than I anticipated! We are so please with them.
      Jeannie

      Delete
  16. Although I've seen this done before, for some reason the "aha" moment came while reading your post. This would make a great gift; I could look for graphics that match the recipients' styles. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kristi, Thank you so much for your comments. I would love to receive a pair of these as a gift. I'm really enjoying them. Thank you so much for stopping by.
      Jeannie

      Delete
  17. wow these turned out so pretty, I love the graphics you chose, those are my favorites too, sounds so easy, just printing the graphics and iron on, thanks..I am following you now

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello Phyllis, Thank you so much, happy you like the graphics, and it is a very easy, fun project. Thank you for following us, I'm going to visit you right now.
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  19. Charming towels! I need to try this technique!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for sharing this cute thrifty idea at my party last week. These DIY towels will be featured at my party on Monday.

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Linda, Thank you for letting us party with you, and also featuring our tea towels. I'm looking forward to it.
      Thank you, and Blessings to you,
      Jeannie

      Delete
  21. Super project! Now I need some iron on transfer paper! Thanks for sharing! Blessings, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Tammy, Thank you, so glad that you like our tea towels. They are so easy, it's like instant gratification. Have fun. Think I will visit you and see what you are doing today.
      Jeannie

      Delete
  22. Lovely! Thank you for joining Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  23. I've made these too! I love them and yours turned out so pretty! Thanks for sharing at Simple & Sweet Fridays. Great project!

    Jody

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congrats! You've been featured for your wonderful handmade tea towels! So Cute! Have a great weekend!

    Jody

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love the tea towels. The only thing missing was your oldest sister doing it with you. What a fun project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Georgia, that is exactly what we said when we were making them, do you think she would like one of these? Love you
      Jeannie

      Delete

We Love It When You Comment!