I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me.
Philippians 4:13

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

My Little French Bedside Table

Hello again from The French Hen's Nest
This was one of the first projects that I did for our blog.  I didn’t take a before picture, but will try to do so in the future.  I spotted this French style night stand at Goodwill for $25.00.  I loved the ornateness of the drawers.  The outside was in pretty bad condition, and it was a nasty looking yellow, but I could picture it painted blue.  The inside of the drawers were clean, and I knew it would clean up nicely.   I took it home, washed it with soap and water, and gave it a very light sanding.


  Now for the color, couldn’t wait to get started, so I jumped in the car and off to Home Depot I went.  Knew I wanted a French blue, maybe on the teal side.  Unsure, I bought a small sample of Behr Ultra teal, and for the accent color I found Martha Stewart Vintage Gold.  The first coat was a flat brown that I had on hand.  When that dried, I brushed on the teal, with brush strokes that allowed some of the brown to show through. (Like it had been painted years ago, and the paint was wearing off to reveal another color).  When that had dried I got my gold out, nothing says French like gold accents.  I painted the edging on top, and really accented the drawers, as you can see.  A little on the feet, and voila’, here it is. 


I also had an antique mirror that was headed for donation, and decided to give it the same treatment. 


I love it, hope you do too.
                                               
Till Nest Time,    

Jeannie


Approximate cost:  $35.00, Approximate time:  3 hrs  


We're partying with

Furniture Feature FridaysRooted In Thymevif187PhotobucketFridays Unfolded
Pin It!

8 comments:

  1. What a beautiufl job! Love the finish you put on these gorgeous pieces!...hugs...Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. This turned out absolutely amazing a true masterpiece!! love what you did with the stand and the gold on the blue mirror it is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an incredible job you did on these!!! I'm in love :)
    Your newest follower - would love to have you come by and follow back when you have the time!
    Hugs,
    Suzan

    ReplyDelete
  4. the purrfect color for this piece..love it!
    thanks for sharing the colors and process

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty! Thank you for joining HSH!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for sharing this inspirational post on Simple & Sweet Fridays. I love how your french bedside table turned out. It's beautiful!

    Jody

    ReplyDelete
  7. It turned out just gorgeous! Thanks for sharing at my party! -K

    ReplyDelete
  8. For French bedside tables in the UK there really is only one supplier worth choosing and they are called Newtons Furniture company. All of Newtons beautiful French bedside tables are individually designed in-house meaning that they cannot be found anywhere else online or in store.
    french bedside tables

    ReplyDelete

We Love It When You Comment!