I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me.
Philippians 4:13

Friday, October 5, 2012

My Weekend Finds

Hello again from The French Hen's Nest

On the weekends, and during the week I go looking for that piece, you know, something a little special that needs some TLC.   Probably many of us look for the same thing, but this past weekend, it just wasn't meant to be for me.  However, I did find a few interesting things, and I'm going to share them with you.










First find, this white wooden bowl with carvings on the outside.  I think my lemons look good in it, and my shells as well, and for Christmas, probably some Red Delicious Apples.  I found this bowl at the Hospice Thrift Store a couple of weekends ago.







Aren't seashells beautiful?


My second find, probably my favorite, are these beautiful wooden pediments to hang over a doorway, or attach to a mirror, or other piece of furniture.  One is going over a doorway for sure, the other, ??  the possibilities are endless.  Should I paint one, just not sure. Both were found at GW for a great price.







The third is a  silver vase.  It's going to look great at Christmas filled with pine, holly, and a few pieces of spruce,  wow,  I can smell it now....
        .
The fourth, is a pretty sconce I found for $6.00.  It will look so nice in the bedroom, or maybe the bathroom.  If I use it in the bath, think that I'll paint it silver, in the bedroom maybe off white, or gold, so many colors, so little time. I'll have to put that on my to do list for now.  Sure you know how that goes.  


I'm still looking for that special piece, maybe next weekend,  but for now I'm enjoying these.  Happy hunting!

Till next time,
Jeannie

I am sharing this page with
Frugal Friday at The Shabby Nest  
Show and Tell Friday at My Romantic Home
Simple and Sweet Fridays at Rooted in Thyme
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday at Coastal Charm
Tuesday Treasures at My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
Tutorials Tips and Tidbits Thursdays @ Stone Gable



The Shabby NestRooted In Thyme
My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia


Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. Great finds, especially like the pediments. Hugs, Kel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for sharing these awesome treasures on Simple & Sweet Fridays. Great Finds!

    Jody

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have enjoyed your website very much. I loved what you did with you dining chairs. I also liked the valances you made for your windows. You certainly know how to find the neatest items and how to make them work for you. I love to shop the thrift stores and you give me ideas on how to use these things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What wonderful taste you have and such a great eye for treasured finds. Your blog is a delightful new find for me!
    Blessings,
    Carolynn

    ReplyDelete

We Love It When You Comment!