I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me.
Philippians 4:13

Friday, September 28, 2012

Staging Can Be Stressful!

Hello again from The French Hen's Nest

 OK, I'm very new to blogging - August 2012 new.  It's very exciting when you publish that first blog.  My sister and I share our blog so whoever has something to write about, blogs next.  I am going to tell you about my latest effort for the blog.

Several months ago when I didn't have a project in progress, I started thinking about a table, mirror and shelf I had not being used,  trying to decide how to change them and put them together. 




 















I finally painted them white, distressed them and placed them in my tiny foyer.  I thought they looked quite nice.



 

 Then I took pictures.  All you could see was WHITE WHITE WHITE!  


I sent the photos to my sister Jeannie, the other French Hen and said "help-what do I do?"  Since she knows what I have in my house she started suggesting things.  Put a colorful jar on the table, place a rug beneath the table, add the umbrella stand.

It looked better but was still very BRIGHT!  

Once again I sent the photos to Jeannie for advice.  She said change the lighting.  It is a tiny foyer with no natural light (with the door closed) so when I turned on the foyer light it is really BRIGHT.  So I got a lamp from another room and laid it on the floor and took 50 more photos.  Too many shadows so I took the shade off and sat the lamp on a box.  50 more photos and it's looking better.

I'm checking the pictures on the computer and the polka dot umbrella jumps out at me!  So I remove the umbrella and take more pictures.  Check the computer again and what's that on the bottom shelf of the table??  Remove the basket and replace it with a blue and white bowl.  OK, now I'm liking the look much better.

After looking at the final (I hope) pictures on the computer I don't like the big umbrella in the little stand and it still looks too WHITE!

I don't even like my foyer anymore and I'm tired of staging (for now)!

Now I'm thinking I'll paint the foyer blue or paint the mirror and table gray or...

What do you think??

Linda


Furniture Feature FridaysRooted In Thymevif187PhotobucketFridays Unfolded
Pin It!

6 comments:

  1. I think it looks great. I love the white and your blue touches look very chic. I think I would add a plant beside the table instead of the umbrella stand but that's just me. I love all your touches of toile in your home! Thanks for sharing and have a beautiful weekend. I'm a new follower. Hope you will stop by and say Hello!

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  2. :D it could be the gloss on the door. I think whites should be soft shades of varying hues, pure white can make one feel like something is off or sterile. I too would add a plant. Try adding some stencil, and some fabric somewhere, like a piece of lace on the table?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find white challenging. It can be so calming and pretty, but it is very hard to photograph well. Always looks the best in natural light. Your changes are pretty. Thanks for joining HSH!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for sharing this staging can be stressful post on Simple & Sweet Fridays. I like the white paint, I know different lighting makes a difference. It really looks pretty good.

    Jody

    ReplyDelete

We Love It When You Comment!